If cooking and preparing high-quality dishes is one of your priorities, then you probably own an electric skillet to help you achieve this goal.
An electric skillet is one of the appliances that you can have in your kitchen to help you in the preparation of various meals. However, being a new item in the market, it is tricky for most people to tell what exactly they can cook in it. Having the same problem? Worry no more. Read on to understand more about an electric skillet and some of the foods that you can prepare using it.
What is an electric skillet?
An electric skillet is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used for various functions such as frying, baking, cooking, and serving, among others. Additionally, when baking with an electric skillet, you do not need to power on your oven, which saves you ample energy and reduces electricity bills.
The electric skillet has various features that make it possible to cook in a variety of styles. You will also come across some models whose lids are made of glass. These allow you to check on the food as it is cooking and avoid the escape of heat, which interrupts the cooking process.
However, when you lack adequate experience with the electric skillet, you may have a hard time trying to figure out what is best cooked on the electric skillet and how to go about it. With the right tips, however, it is possible for you to have a great time preparing and enjoying meals from your new investment.
When you own an electric skillet, a whole world of cooking opportunities is waiting for you. Below is comprehensive information about some of the meals that you can prepare in an electric skillet and how to go about them.
Sour and Sweet Meatballs Appetizers
More often than not, meatballs are termed as the favorite foods for many people. Not only are they crowd pleasers for almost all events but also filling and versatile. With this meatball recipe, you get to capture a contrast of both sweet and sour, which is easy to achieve when using the electric skillet.
With only a few ingredients and simple instructions, you will get to obtain the easy and tasty meatballs. All you should do is mix the ingredients to form the ball, and they will be ready to cook when placed the electric skillet.
The recipe to follow when preparing the sweet and sour meatball appetizers is:
- Two eggs
- ½ tablespoon of garlic powder
- A ½ cup of water
- lean ground beef
- ¼ tablespoon of pepper
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- A ½ cup of bread crumbs
- For the sauce, you will need
- Three tablespoons of ReaLemon juice
- One bottle of Heinz chili sauce
- For the meatballs, mix everything using your hands and form 1-inch sized balls.
- Later, heat the source ingredients in an electric skillet on simmer and do this till the jelly is melted.
- Take the balls and place them in the source where you will simmer for about 25 minutes
- Ensure that you shake the electric skillet to help brown and coat the balls evenly.
- Make the number of balls that you intend to have which, according to the ingredients, will be about 60.
Skillet Garlic Bread
With the help of your electric skillet, it is possible for you to prepare homemade bread. This is a natural, quick, and delicious meal that works perfectly when served alongside pizza.
With the help of a recipe, you go through the steps followed to prepare a garlic topping, and later spreading it over some brioche and fry it in the skillet. The result of the ingredients will be a delectable appetizer, which will be perfect when accompanied with something else such as a parmesan topping.
The Recipe for Preparing the Skillet Garlic Bread Is:
- Two brioche rolls which should be about 1.5 ounces and split horizontally in half
- One tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- Two tablespoons butter flavored coconut oil, which should be at room temperature
Procedure to Follow
- Heat the non-stick skillet for about ten minutes. This should be done over medium heat
- Use a small bowl to mix the flavor coconut oil, parsley, salt, and garlic powder.
- Spread a ¼ of the mixture onto the cut side of each brioche half.
- Place the rolls on the skillet that you had heated before with the buttered side facing down.
- Cook them for about three to five minutes until you get a golden brown color.
Potato pancakes are classic home-style brunch foods. Unfortunately, preparing the potato pancakes is not something that most people are familiar with. Luckily, when you have an electric skillet, it is possible to prepare the delicious meal by following a few simple steps. You will only need to grate ingredients, squeeze out any liquids, and later mix them to form the patties. Afterward, use the electric skillet to fry and enjoy your dish.
The recipe for preparing potato pancakes is
- ½ tablespoon of onion powder
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 1/8 tablespoon of pepper
- 1/3 cup of oil
- One egg
- Three tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 5lb. potatoes, which should be peeled and about five medium-sized
Procedure to Follow
- Using the finest part of a grater, shred the potatoes into a large bowl.
- After the potatoes are grated, add the flour, onion powder, egg, pepper, and salt. mix the ingredients thoroughly using a spoon
- Heat the large skillet with about two to three tablespoons until it is scorching. To prepare one potato cake, scoop in about two tablespoons potato mixture into the hot oil
- In case the skillet is large enough, you can prepare up to three potato pancakes at a time. Ensure the heat is at medium-low and cook until they have browned on the bottom. Flip the other side and cook till brown.
- After you are done, use a kitchen towel to drain off excess oil
- Add oil in the pan and repeat the process until you have finished preparing all the pancakes at hand. You can add oil when need be.
Skillet French Toast
The French toast is the ideal breakfast that makes the day brighter than it already is. However, cooking each slice at a time on the stove can be a real hassle. For this reason, if you have an electric skillet, you will enjoy preparing a French toast. The skillet will also help you avoid the misfortune of having the first toast cold by the time you finish making the first toast.
Below is the recipe to help you prepare the lightly scented French toast that will give a memorable breakfast.
Ingredients That You Need
- Four thick slices of bread
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- Two tablespoons of rum
- Three drops of Fiori di Sicilia
- Three large eggs
- A ¾ cup of heavy cream or light cream
- A pinch of salt
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
For The Topping, You Will Need
- One tablespoon water
- A ½ cup of fresh raspberries
- A ½ cup of fresh blueberries or strawberries
- Three spoons of jam (you could pick any jam of your choice)
- One orange which should be peeled and sectioned
Procedure to Follow
- Heat and grease the electric skillet to about 300-degrees
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla, and Fiori. Later pour the mixture into a large container that will be big enough to hold four pieces of bread.
- Soak the bread for about a minute and later turn the bread on the other side and soak it for about half a minute. Remember the aim is to ensure that the bread absorbs some liquid and does not become soggy
- Put the toast in the electric skillet for about two to three minutes and wait until it turns golden brown
- For the toppings, warm the jam with the water until it gets syrupy.
Vegetable Skillet Eggs
More often than not, eggs are usually a perfect ingredient when preparing a good breakfast. Adding some veggies to the eggs makes the meal even better and healthier. For this reason, vegetable skillet eggs are a dish that you should consider preparing when you have an electric skillet. The recipe that you follow to achieve this mean is:
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Two teaspoons of oil
- One medium tomato which should be sliced
- Two cups of fresh, canned or frozen veggies
- 1/3 cup of shredded cheese
- Six medium or large eggs
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- One small onion which should be chopped
- One clove garlic which should be chopped. You could consider having a 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
Procedure to Follow
- Using a medium bowl, beat the eggs with pepper, cheese, and oregano
- Using a medium skillet, heat oil. Later, add onions, garlic, and vegetables and cook on medium heat until they are soft.
- Cook for about six minutes until the eggs are set. Top it using tomato slices to make it better.
- Cut into eight pieces and serve when hot.
CHICKEN, VEGETABLE & MUSHROOM SKILLET WITH RICE
A quick and easy non-stick skillet recipe that will have your family asking for seconds.
- 2 Large Pieces – Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts – Chopped
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper – Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper – Chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato – Chooped
- 1 Small Onion – Chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato – Chopped
- 1 Small Can Mushrooms
- ½ Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
Boil brown rice until rice is soft. Saute the vegetables and mushrooms over medium heat in your non-stick stainless steel skillet until fully cooked. Add chicken and rosemary and continue cooking over medium heat until chicken is fully cooked. Spread rice evenly over plate and place chicken, rice and vegetables over top.
CHEESY SKILLET JAMBALAYA
Add some Cajun flavor to your mealtime with cheesy jambalaya in a non-stick stainless steel skillet.
- 2 Large Pieces Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast – Shredded
- 8 Ounces Andouille Sausage – Sliced
- 1 Box Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheese (more or less)
Cook sausage and chicken in a large non-stick stainless steel skillet over medium heat until fully cooked. Add box of Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix with 1 ½ Cups water, increase heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat and allow Jambalaya to simmer in the non-stick stainless steel skilletuntil fully cooked. Add Cheese and mix until Jambalaya is cheesy enough for your taste.
Non-stick stainless steel skillets allow you to make any recipe even healthier because you don’t have to use as much oil or butter while cooking. There are many more recipes that are perfect for cooking in your non-stick stainless steel skillet available on the Internet. Check out great websites such as Family Oven or My Recipes to plan meals for every night of the week.
When you have an electric skillet, you got yourself a good investment. This is a kitchen appliance and a practical utensil that can be used for preparing many different dishes. Additionally, when taken good care of, the gadget can serve you for a long time without having to replace or repair it after a short time. Use the information above to see some of the meals that you will enjoy preparing for your loved ones when you own an electric skillet.